Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reflection: GAME Plan

Reflecting back on this course really lets me see how far I have come in using technology resources the past few months. In the Course, Integrating Technology across the Content Areas, I used technology in many exciting ways that are beneficial for my students and myself. I am excited to begin incorporating the numerous ideas and activities next school year.

One technique discussed in class was the GAME plan, a lesson plan based upon goals, actions, monitoring, and evaluating. The GAME plan I developed in this eight-week course was a great addition to my social studies courses. It offered a simple way to implement an idea with my students, monitor that activity, and then make adjustments as necessary. My GAME plan to create social networking sites based on current events in Japan was very successful. My students not only became more familiar with the use of blogs but also were exposed to current news that had a global impact. The students became active and seemed to enjoy the forming opinions and analyzing all the latest news stories on the event. It ended up being a great way to incorporate technology resources into my classes.

The technology that I am most interested in adding to my lessons is digital storytelling. I think it will be a great tool to incorporate to both my World Geography and World History courses. I think the student engagement with these types of activities will be extremely high and produce some really great work.

Overall, this class has introduced me to new teaching strategies and techniques that will help develop my own skills and those of my students. All of the lessons have been relevant and have included ideas that I can use in any of my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment