Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Evaluating Your GAME Plan Progress

How effective were your actions in helping you meet your goals?

I have had my students begin to set up group blogs in which they can openly discuss the issues we are studying involving Japan.
Most of the issues are technical in nature and just require students following directions. I believe these blogs will fulfill the
plan of creating an engaging learning environment that involves networking and
and collaboration.

What have you learned so far that you can apply in your instruction practice?

The ideas that I take away from our own courses usually help with my students technology set ups or how group interaction should
proceed. I often find, though, once my students are set on track, they tend to take off and produce great products with minimal
guidance from myself.

What do you still have to learn? What new questions have arisen?

I'm still looking for the best ways to effectively implement my ideas. I feel that I may be leaving things too open-ended and not
quite focused enough. I will probably have to see final products before I can make an exact determination, though.

How will you adjust your plan to fit your current needs?

I'm going to stick with the current plan and then make adjustments after the end result. The outcomes might not be perfect this
time through, but they will certainly help me down the road.

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it interesting that once you give the students a set of directions and you let them go on their own they create such amazing products! I am constantly impressed with my students. Hardly ever do they let me down in that area!

    I think reflecting at the end of what went well and what needs to be changed is a great idea. Since there are always issues in the world I think this project could be reused every year with a current dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross, I think you are on the right track and you are meeting your goal of having students collaborate and share ideas on a real world issue. You need to remember that "rome wasn't built in a day" and it will take a while for everyone to get used to this new way for collaborating.

    I am curious about the struggles you are having about implementing your own ideas. What is it that you still feel you are missing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ross,
    I love blogs as a way to foster higher order thinking and perspective taking--and a more authentic audience for your students.
    Yes--I find that the right activity can really ignite creativity. I'm often amazed at the exciting ways students will take a project if I leave room for them to "think outside the box."

    Thanks for sharing,

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ross,

    Creating the blogs are an excellent tools that is going to help students enhance their literacies skills and it will also help keep students engaged in the lesson. Blogs are an excellent instructional tool that will help you better assess whether students are understanding the assignment. This allow students the opportunity to get a different perspective of topic from their peers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always like to read and research in technology and last week and this week have brought me to realise that children can just learn a new technology within few minutes. ICT integrated lessons will occupy our classrooms here over 90% but it calls for collaboration, and networking properly with teachers, students, administrators and parents. I certainly agree with you on the collaboration and networking of all persons to have a very effect ICT program.

    ReplyDelete